Sunday, August 17, 2008

On Saturday I made my first trip out to Montague, Mass to see Darcy and Steve's new apartment. It's a great little place right on the Saw Mill River (great swimming hole), across the street from the Lady Killigrew (great cupcakes!!), and in the middle of the woods (great!). Here is a picture of Paul the Cat, holding down the window sill as we made dinner.
We were also joined by Matt White for our tasty dinner of skillet pizzas, and then all headed to the Lady K for dessert and a drink. This certainly outdid my wild friday night of laundry and working on my 1000-piece puzzle.

Today I dropped in on my grandparents for lunch, and then did some shopping with my grandmother. I realized today I have so many things I have in common with my grandmother... general love for dessert, general dislike of shopping, and a similar stories of her easy distractability leading to small disasters... in sharing one of these such stories, we ended up going east on route 2 instead of west when we were trying to go home. oops.

After I left their house, I was struck (thankfully) with a need to go ride my bike, and headed out for one loop of the Fitchburg road race course... yes, I even rode up Mt. Wachusett, which even I enjoyed on such a nice day.

1 comment:

e-RICHIE said...

calm>before>storm>atmo