Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Home Again

Amy's awesome adventures took a journey north this weekend, to the far reaches of Aroostook County in Maine. Below is a typical view of the landscape and the roads I found for some biking on a few days there.
It was a bit hillier than I expected! But really, I didn't do that much biking. I did enough to make myself not feel lazy, and other than that I did some hardcore relaxing. This involved some boating, some swimming, some wedding attendance and dancing, more boating and swimming and camping, lots of campfiring, a bit more drinking, a bit of target practice at coffee cans and possible fowl nuisances on the lake, several viewings of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, plenty of good eating, sleeping, and sunning.

I think I'll have to return to the county soon

3 comments:

Il Bruce said...

Air rifle? GeWilli and FNF, fellow cyclocross fanatics bust my aggies about my air rifles.

I am trying to put together an MTB biathlon. Innerested?

amy said...

sure! sadly i don't own the air rifle though...

Il Bruce said...

We have plenty of air guns. ALmost as many as bikes right now...

I'll let you know if it happens.

Have a great season. Hope to see you at the RI races. I have been an RS fan since I saw Alicia Hamblen nee Genest on the team as a kid. She used to come into the bike shop with her dad as a little girl.