Sunday, May 18, 2008

Green Key Weekend

With my sister Kaity in town from Chicago this weekend, we decided to visit Dartmouth along with many other alumni who wanted to see old friends at school. So we went! The weather was supposed to be bad, but it turned out to be pretty fantastic after all:
On Friday while Kaity went out for a run, I headed out on my bike and pedaled around in Vermont a bit. Once we were done with that, we headed to campus to find some friends. We found some, and of course, found some drinks too... at Molly's, then at the block party, then at Ramunto's, then at 5 Olde Nugget, and then at some frat which I can't even tell you for sure at this point which one it was.

Needless to say, it was a long night of good times, but I found just what I needed in the morning to get me going. Kaity and Margi on the other hand were feeling ready for a good run, so they headed out and left me with my bike. I chose the Granite State on Saturday and headed around Lake Mascoma and Goose Pond in Enfield NH... definitely one of my favorite rides, and a good way to wake up too! Saturday was a much more low key night for us thankfully, and was probably low key for everyone since Hanover unexpectedly lost power around 9:30 that night.

Today Kaity and I left Dartmouth and headed to Framingham for an impromptu Wallace family mini-reunion, planned just a few days ago since Kaity was in town! Sadly I had to pass off Kaity to my dad so she could visit the western Mass contingent before heading back to Chicago on Wednesday :(

2 comments:

e-RICHIE said...

did you get onto highway 33 up there atmo? one of the best iirc.

Anonymous said...

YAY FOR A NEW BLOG!!!!!!! MY LIFE AT THE OFFICE HAS A RENEWED SENSE OF MEANINGFULNESS!YET ANOTHER REASON TO CAPS LOCK IT!