Sunday, May 4, 2008

Time For a New Blog

After documenting the winter adventures at ATMO-licious, I've moved on to a new solo blog... which will probably be much less exciting, But, here it is nonetheless!

Saturday was my first road race of the year... the old New England classic, the Jiminy Peak Road Race! To make things even more fun, none other than Mr. Dave Wallace was driving the pace vehicle for the women's race. The weather held out for most of the day, but a warmup on the trainer was in order with the wet roads in the morning. While I sat on the trainer, my giant butt apparently got in the way of my dad putting a bike in the car and a hole was ripped in the back of my shorts ten minutes before race time :(  Luckily, I had a sewing kit in the car, and the picture above is my dad doing some last-minute sewing before the race start!

The race itself was fun, and I even made stayed with the front pack after the first lap up the hill. I guess I have Alie to thank for making me a better hill climber this winter! One lap later I ended up with a pack finish, and then stayed to watch the rest of the men's races finish. After that I went with some new Cambridge Bicycle teammates to the Old Forge Restaurant in Lanesborough, and then home to visit with Dad some more.

In other news, my apartment has had some furniture in it for a few weeks now, and it's great!

2 comments:

e-RICHIE said...

gets it atmo.

rslkly said...

e-richie sent me your link....SWEET! I linked you at www.laughinggroup.com...